Experian surveyed 6,000 consumers and 2,000 businesses across 20 countries, including Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Columbia, Denmark, Germany, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, on insights related to consumer and business economic outlooks, financial well-being, online behaviour and more.
- Experience is top of mind, with 81% of consumers saying that a positive online experience makes them think more highly of a brand.
- Digital payment options are on the rise with 62% of consumers using mobile wallets and 57% considering buy now, pay later as a replacement for their credit card.
- Security is still a big factor with 42% of consumers more concerned than they were 12 months ago, and 73% of consumers saying the onus is on businesses to protect them online.
- Consumers are more aware that data helps improve their online experience, with 78% saying their awareness of how businesses use data to provide security, convenience and personalisation has increased in the past year.
- Consumers are more comfortable and aware of AI, with 59% trusting organisations that use it.